Friday, June 29, 2007

IF: Twist



Same story two versions... which is better?

This might be a bit of a stretch on the topic... but here goes. There are twists in the rocking chair, she would twist the crank on the victorola, and if she weren't so old she could get up and do "the twist." I designed this for my pops who is in a bit of a folk band. They tend to perform at old folks homes and their music is definitely geared towards the older crowd. I look forward to when I can take it eaasy and just ROCK! all day.

11 comments:

Tina Poe said...

Very nice and clean! Fun idea too!

Willie Baronet said...

I think it works perfectly. Rock on geezers!

Brine Blank said...

Okay...I remember your gators but not sure how I missed everything else...awesome work with a variety of techniques...Ms Gulch is superb...like the sketchiness of the dinos...the Godf-otter...that is a classic...and with regards to not 'trying' the mad cow shirt...material wise it isn't that expensive to produce a shirt but it is funny ideas like this that might be the next big winner. Can you strike a deal with him that every 20 shirts you create you get to go out on a limb and make one? Once again, really great work and will continue to hit the site up further.

Eli said...

I'd love to see this animated.

SLW said...

I like both versions together in the order they are in. Funny. I think it would be fun animated as well.

Roy Blumenthal said...

Ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a cool idea! Beautifully executed!

I think the second one is the one to go with. While the first one is strong, and the 'rock' is implied, the second one delivers the punch more cleanly. The second one liberates the double entendre.

Very cool!!!!

Blue skies
love
Roy

get zapped said...

I dig it! Nice piece.

g1toons said...

i think you should make it both one piece they work really well together
nice concept

Unknown said...

HA ! HA !! Clever!

Dani Lucanu said...

LOL! xD its really funny!

Ken Chandler said...

Great job Jay, I prefer the 2nd (bottom one). Her peace out gesture is hilarious!